Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Minbar crash on non Gnome Ubuntu derivatives?

I'm currently using Kubuntu 8.04 amd64. I installed Minbar to remind me of prayer time. It worked fine except, it crashed when I tried to play athan.

I've been searching to solve this problem. I even downloaded its source code to see what happen. From it, I concluded that there must be related to audio plugin. After gooling a little bit, I think the author forgot to include some Gstreamer library as one of Minbar's dependencies since he never used other than Ubuntu. May be, ubuntu has already has that dependency. But not with Kubuntu or Xubuntu.

The solution is just install the following packages: gstreamer0.10-plugins-base, gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
That should solve your problem and make sure you to always pray on time :D

1 comment:

Backup Right said...

There are systems out there that are used for computer backup. They are quite helpful actually.