Monday, December 1, 2008

Installing alpha version of 64-bit Adobe Flash Player 10 in Hardy

Finally I managed to install the alpha version of 64-bit Adobe Flash Player 10 in my Ubuntu Hardy. It runs nice on my Firefox 3 If you got confused what to do with the so file given by tar.gz package in http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html but STILL USING Ubuntu Hardy like me, just copy paste the following script after running this script (I got this from "script for Ubuntu Intrepid")
sudo apt-get install libnss3-dev -y
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libplds4.so{.0d,}
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libplc4.so{.0d,}
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libnspr4.so{.0d,}
Say good bye to heavy nspluginwrapper and have fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That' interesting,

in a fresh Hardy enviroment I only had to put libflashplayer.so in ~/mozilla/plugins/ and install libflashsupport to work around some sound issues.

Nice script anyway.

Anonymous said...

Finally.......